Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just took out my new 98' Seadoo GTI last week and it was great. I have a question about the power it created though. When I had a spotter on the back and a person on a tube behind and I hit the gas the motor made a lot of noise and it wouldn't break 10mph. I figured out later that if I leaned forward and had the spotter lean back so the ski was more level it would get going after a few seconds. Is something wrong or is it just too much weight? All three riders combined was an easy 600 Lbs. I figured it has something to do with the weight but if the ski was level it would move just fine. What do you think?

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is only a 720 cc right? Only 85 horsepower at most and plus it has one carburetor. Very underpowered for pulling a tube and with all 3 people on board. At most I think it has a 500 pound limit without towing. You can look at your intake grate to see if anything is stuck in there also that would slow your take off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys, that is kind of what I was thinking but I thought it may have something to do with the angle of the ski also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts