Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 gsx ltd is taking on water. I noticed it seems to hold fine not running in water. I have taken my rear nozzle and pump assembly apart and taken the drive shaft out. The shaft as well as the bearings and seal all "look" good w/ no shaftplay. I did read in a post about the siphon tubes coming out of the nozzle and water being pushed back in the hull instead of being pulled out. I am missing one of these tubes. I tried to drive w/ the seat off and hold up the siphon ends and the one w/ the tube missing in the nozzle appeared to be pushing water back in. Is this common? Could this be my only problem. I rode today for about 20 min. to test it out and the water level had reached the driveshaft. Also I noticed since all this began last year I have lost some top end speed. My ski used to reach about 71mph and about 7200rpm but now only runs around 63 and only reaches about 6350. It has aftermarket intake plate, carbs, R&D head pipe, R&D reeds, MSD ignition, etc...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes it is common for the little white tubes to come out. Replace them and use a good glue. Also have to make sure the hoses inside are tied up as far as you can get them otherwise water will constantly leak in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I tried it out today and it seemed to be a success. I rode for about 15min and checked every couple of minutes. DRY!! Then on my last check I had taken on some water so I checked the nozzle and again the tube was gone. I used pvc glue which apparently doesn't cut it. I have already attempted to replace it again. This time I used JB Weld. Hopefully this will hold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
no vacuum

Yes those white siphon tubes create a vacuum based off of the thrust your pump puts out and in turn, runs your bailer pickups to pump all the water out of your bilge. Let me know how that JB weld works out for you.
Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got it in the water over the last 2 days and once again JB Weld is the stuff miracles are made of. NO LEAKS!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Leaking, how to replace the siphon tubes

Hello I'm not at my ski now but I see from pictures I took of it that I have only one tube and I have a leaking problem. Where do you buy the tubes and how do you install them? From the outside back end or the engine compartment?? Is it difficult to get at them?
Thanks for any help.

Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts