Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Kawasaki ZXI 1100 this weekend and the owner says the trim doesn't work. Any ideas what I can look for to try to get it working since i am 90% sure I am going to buy this one? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
The Zxi skis had a design flaw of the KATS system. The electrical box housing the trim motor sits on the bottom of the hull where water flows. Water gets in and boom, it's fried.. VERY common on these watercraft. I am pretty sure you have to replace the whole box but I'd call a Kawi dealer and ask them if perhaps just the motor can be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bass547 where exactly does that little black wire go. Well I know on the negative terminal but does it just go into the wiring harness or does it go to where the trim motor is located?

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had a 750 ZXI, we had the trim motor only replaced, but very expensive for a little motor..... after the 2nd failure, manually adjusted trim where we wanted it and rode for the next 10 years...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same model here, same problem as well, but add to that, the ski will fill up with water on the inside and never pump it out the exit tube on the right. Hull is intact, ski is bone dry sitting in the water, but will literally fill up inside of 5 min.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts