Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have been out of the jet ski game for about 5 years after being very heavily into it with 2 heavily modded skis that I loved. My 16 year old stepson has been laying a big guilt trip on me as to how I got rid of the skis right before he was old enough to be able to take them out alone. I am giving serious thought to picking one up just to give him the experience of one while he is in high school, and I will have the power to teach him how to enjoy them properly and safely.

I am going to look at a 98 Polaris SLT 700 that I ran across that only has 37 hours on it. The guy told me the pumps in the carbs are bad, but it will fire up by hand priming the carbs until fuel runs out. How big a deal is it to rebuild these carbs, and is there anything else anyone can recommend I look out for when I go to look at the ski?

Here is a pic of it

Also, is this a 2 or 3 seater, I can't tell by the pic and am not familiar with the Polaris line?

I appreciate all comments!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, no replies but I bought it! Got ski, Loadright trailer, cover and 2 vests for $850.00!!! Now, can somebody help me out with the carb rebuild? Where is best place to get kit, and is there anyplace with a drawings on the carbs or service manual, or a tutorial thread on doing it?

Also, the 2 piece foam that is around the handlebars, what is the proper name for it and where can i get either used in good shape or new one?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I'll help you or try at least. I just put a 750 motor in my 700. Have you got into them yet or are they still on the ski?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'll help you or try at least. I just put a 750 motor in my 700. Have you got into them yet or are they still on the ski?
Thanks man, but I figured the problem. I tore the carbs off and the just looked too good, I cracked one open and it was spotless. So I went back to check the fuel lines for clogging and realized the guy had the return and feed lines mixed up. I put carbs back on and routed the lines correctly and it fired right up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Repair / Service / Owners manuals

My son just got a 1996 Polaris SLT 700. I wanted to do a father son project of fixing her up. Does anyone know where to get the manuals for it for free?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts