Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 SPX, have had no issues with it yet this season. I put it in the water this weekend and can't get speed. It goes at half throttle but if I have the hammer down it still goes only half. The only thing I can think of is that we used Yamalube in it this weekend. We were out of the normal oil we use so we put in Yamalube. Some friends that also have sea doos said that is what they use and we'd be fine. Could this have done it? Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
More than likely not the issue. If your ski requires synthetic, which I doubt it does, and you put mineral (not synthetic) it may have issues, but they more than likely wouldn't come about right away.

I'm new to dealing with PWC, but I've dealt with my fair share of dirtbikes, snowmobiles, and ATVs.

Note *When in doubt, use synthetic

Although, I did buy a brand new car, and they told me not to change to synthetic until after 10k miles... That's a whole other story though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have two 96 GTX's. Same problem, bogging down. Somebody mentioned the ground wires so I cleaned up the negative battery terminal and the wires, including the ring terminal wire that goes from the negative battery terminal to the electrical box located next to the battery on the GTX. It is 90% better, I can get it up to 55mph.

Please try it and post the results. This seems to be a major older Sea Doo problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts