Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I pulled my ski completely apart after purchase to clean it. Everything was removed from inside and I never found anything other than the model sticker. That in his case shows it as a 98 xl1200.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had a friend of mine come by last night. we got to talking and he told me he's a jet ski mechanic and would dial in the carbs. An hour later and probably some pissed off neighbors he had it running. I took it out this morning for a test run and it and it ran so-so. It had lot of hesitation around 4000rpm when it would finally jump to high speed it ran great until... its starving itself for fuel still. the only way to keep ski running at WOT is to squese the primer ball repeadly. Is there some kind of screen inside the tank that could be clogged/

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
the inline filter could be clogged up. Or the fuel select witch could have an issue. Sometimes the selector seals breakdown and block up the passages.

As I said though. Those carbs appear to be off an 1100 witch require a fuel pump. They are not original to that ski. The 1200 carbs have internal pump for each carb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
yea I know. I have the new carbs coming later this week. I shouldn't care how it runs now. I just can't help it I'm addicted to it. LOL. has brand new fuel filter. I will check fuel selector switch when I swap the carbs as I'm replacing all the fuel lines anyway. Thanks for all the help you guys have given me. I'll post an update when I have one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got the carbs and have rebuilt and painted. I did not realize I would need a different throttle cable bracket. I ordered one but wont be here until next week. Pop off is 38-42 BTW. I'm at 40 on all three! Can't wait to get these installed. Thanks for all your help guys.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts