Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1998 Yamaha Gp1200. It runs great but is very difficult to start. But once I get it started it starts fine the rest of the day. I have found that squirting a little gas in all three carbs works great. I checked the choke and the flaps are closing. It seems like its loosing prime??? Any ideas

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a '97 Gp1200, and exactly like you said.. takes a second to start it up, but once it's running, runs great. I have the primer installed on the side, So when I first launch it or it's been sitting I do prime it a little and it helps, but sometimes you start floating out trying to start it and it sucks lol. If you don't have the primer, maybe it could help you out as well.

I think this is the kit the previous owner installed,

RIVA Online Watercraft Performance Catalog

·
Registered
14 Posts
I spray Hot Shot Starting fluid into the carbs before I hit the lake. Works great. I may check into the primer though.

Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks junebug, I will do that. I found a local retailer in Central Florida that has them for $21.00 (probably about the cost of two cans of Hot Shot). It is made by Mikuni so it should work just fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mherman, It have a PDF manual that I would be happy to send you if you give me an e-mail address. I dont know if it will be detailed enough for your purpose, but you can't beat the price!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts