Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I just start up the ski it runs fine, but after I do a few sharp turns and stuff it seems like it only runs three quarters of top speed. Can anyone help? Thanks.

My 99 xlt 1200 was running the same way today! only getting 45 mph and has been bogging! I ordered a D-Plate today to eliminate the cat/converter but I doubt if that is my prob, changed the plugs..

HELP US!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am only getting around 47mph top speed.. It bogs especially when weaving in and out or going in circles..

My compression front to back is 97, 102, and 104..

I don't no if the carbs have been rebuilt or anything I bought the wave runners about a month ago.. It was running around 55mph when I first got it and didn't bog like it does now.. Could I have got water in some where I shouldn't have?? I just find it weird that the problems just started..

I drained all of the old gas out filled it with premium poured in a bottle of sea foam and changed the plugs, I haven't been weaving in and out or doing any circles and it's running a little better BUT still bogs some and only does around 47mph.. I have only ran a half tank threw since I did all of this though..

Thanks for any help on where to start next.. could My propeller be causing any of my issues?

dumb question but where is the fuel pump located?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got 48mph tonight. with and without a passanger.. The ski already has a dplate and chip.. When I first got to the lake today it ran like crap died trying to get on plane but once I got it up on plane it ran fine the rest of the time NO bogging.. I wasing weaving in or out or anything though.. and like I said still only read 48mph... I will check the carbs soon hopefully...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts