Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know to much about these things, checked comp. and its good but it will go quick to about 5500 rpm and then it wont go any higher than that. any help on what the problem is

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea your rev limiter is probably preventing it from going any higher because thats what its set at...5500 rpm is pretty normal, it really shouldn't go any higher. check your owners manual for the specs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
before it wouls rev to about 7200rppm and go about 50 - 55 mh..but it just started doing it where it would only go to about 5 to 5500 rpm and max speed is 30-35 mph

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am having the same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING. Sounds like it only revs to about 3000 RPM before it starts breaking up in water or on trailer.It starts to sound "choppy" like its trying to fire but isnt. Have you figured your our???? I am at a loss here.

Heres a list of what I tried.

I have clipped plug boots changed plugs cleaned and checked connections in ebox tightened and cleaned any wires that looked crappy. All 3 cylinders at 125 and I took heads off all look perfect. I have replaced the reeds checked the stator wires back for continuity, forced the temp sensor to put ski in limp mode, (totally different sound and runs at like 1000 RPM) Replaced entire electrical box ( Coils, CDI and anything else in there), changed start relay cause i broke the other one while working on it, changed exhaust hose that seemed to collapse on itself under load and quick throttle, STILL no fix. This is unreal. I have cleaned carbs and don’t see issue there. Replaced Reeds/Cages/Gaskets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts