Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha WaveRunner XL1200 Ltd (2 stroke) and it started dying out and eventually stopped running all together... I took it to the dealer and they did a compression test on the cylinders and found 1&2 @ 125 psi and #3 @ 45 psi. They said it was a bad injector and gave me quote of $1000+ to fix it. I was wondering if I would be able to fix this myself? But I would need some help on what part needs replacing,where to find it (maybe a website) and how to go about it.... Or should I try to find another shop that will do it for less?

Thanks in advance for the advice, Joe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no help?

anyone have a clue where to get parts and where to start on a top end rebuild? anybody make a kit? or is there a good website? any help is much apprectiated ... Ill donate if i get good advice:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
For the parts, try ebay. Put in your jet ski model and it will come up with a bunch of stuff or buy the parts from the dealership and do it yourself if you are mechanically inclined. The parts are a lot of the times the cheapest. What kills you is the labor to fix everything. Also, do you have any friends who you ride with that know how to fix them? Maybe they can help you? This is where riding clubs really helps a person because the folks from those local clubs usually have a garage night to come over and everyone helps everyone fix stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts