Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 XL1200 Ltd that I am rebuilding. This ski came from Florida so everything is froze up on it. In the process of rebuilding the carbs and found the accelerator pump is froze up. I have been unable to find any rebuild kits so I guess they do not exsist. Anybody have a P/N for this unit? I tried ebay with no luck looking for a good, used unit.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest T,

I will have to say the pump you are talking about is about the only thing on this jet ski that was not frozen up ;). Someone was very rough to this ski.

The accelerator pump that I am talking about is mounts on the side of #3 carburetor. It is really a fuel manifold, 1 intake and 3 discharges with 4 check valves inside of it. 3 of the 4 check valves on mine are frozen open. I check around today and they do not make a O/H kit for the Yamaha carbs but they make them for the Seadoo. I asked my local Yamaha dealer if I could buy a new unit and they said no. So I told the guy what other choices do I have. "Well you can buy the complete #3 carb and it will come with the pump for $800.00". :eek: I DON'T THINK SO!!!! So now I am trying to find a good, used unit or an alt option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts