Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 XL1200 Ltd that I am rebuilding. This ski came from Florida so everything is froze up on it. In the process of rebuilding the carbs and found the accelerator pump is froze up. I have been unable to find any rebuild kits so I guess they do not exsist. Anybody have a P/N for this unit? I tried ebay with no luck looking for a good, used unit.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You probably just need a new housing (Part #9 in the diagram) if this is the pump you are talking about. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Y...- WAVERUNNER XL1200 LTD/JET UNIT 1/parts.html If its been sitting in salt water the housing and impeller corrode and lock together. Sometimes the housing swells. Sometimes you have to replace the impeller also. Good idea to seal the pump while you are in there, since the 1200s had a tendency to cavitation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest T,

I will have to say the pump you are talking about is about the only thing on this jet ski that was not frozen up ;). Someone was very rough to this ski.

The accelerator pump that I am talking about is mounts on the side of #3 carburetor. It is really a fuel manifold, 1 intake and 3 discharges with 4 check valves inside of it. 3 of the 4 check valves on mine are frozen open. I check around today and they do not make a O/H kit for the Yamaha carbs but they make them for the Seadoo. I asked my local Yamaha dealer if I could buy a new unit and they said no. So I told the guy what other choices do I have. "Well you can buy the complete #3 carb and it will come with the pump for $800.00". :eek: I DON'T THINK SO!!!! So now I am trying to find a good, used unit or an alt option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts