Personal Water Craft Forum banner

99 yamaha 1200 and 760 oil

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dilts646 
#1 ·
It says on the wave runners to ONLY use yamalube 2-w. walmart has 3-w oil the is like 8 bucks cheaper a gallon! could I use this? could i use a different 2-w oil beside the yamalube? What do you use? Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
I wouldn't mix oils in the oil tank. Drain completely before changing to something else. I use 2-m or 2-w yamalube pre-mix no oil tank. Tcw-3 oil is probably fine but stick with something trustworthy. Thing about yamaha, polaris and sea-doo oil is it is a lot cleaner burning and synthetic blended I believe.

#3 ·
I just noticed that the 760 calls for any tcw-3 oil and the 1200 calls for ONLY YAMALUBE 2-w. I have only had them a couple weeks and have been puting 2-w in BOTH..

So Could I switch to any tcw-3 or should I just run that in the 760 and strictly yamalube 2-w in the 1200? I can find tcw-3 in quicksilver and penzoil for A LOT cheaper than the damn yamalube! and would like to switch to that in both!?

#5 ·
Thanks I ended up switching to walmart supertech tcw-3 in the 760 and it seems to be running A LOT better than it was on the yamalube! I am getting a d-plate to iliminate my cat converter and than I plan on running the supertech in the 1200 as well!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.