Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I bought a Tsk from a customer of mine who didn't use it. He told me it had been used maybe once in the last 5 years. It literally looks brand new. And it runs even better. It is absolutely insane how fast it is. However, the speedo is not working and I'm not really sure how fast it really is. One thing I will say is that there is a 65mph road that crosses the lake and I am keeping up with or passing those cars on the road. Could this be anywhere near accurate. A 65mph Tigershark 770?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems a little on the high end, IMHO. My '99 TS-770R bounces around that speed but unless you've got a buddy in the police department to zap you with their radar gun, it's really hard to say what your actual speed is even when you've got a speedo that operates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Colbalt, My 98 770L, the speedometer reads about 54 mph thats top end for mine. 65? Maybe!! If it is congrats!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
speedo

Hi
If your speedos not working check the black plastic fin thats just inside the inlet grate is not blocked & in line with the center of the ski,if its a few degrees out gauge will not work.
Also you can test the gauge by attaching a footpump to the pipe that comes off the top of the plastic fin (under the prop shaft),I have found that 1 mph= about 1 psi pressure
Hope this helps;););)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 97 Daytona 770 has performed a best GPS speed of 54.3 mph. This is with an aftermarket prop, oversized pistons and a rejet.

Just today, I ran my new 99 TS1100 on the same stretch of water. It is to my knowledge bone stock. With GPS I pulled a best time of 61.7 mph. I would have figured I'd be able to pull better than 6 or 7 mph increase over the 770. I can tell you the 99 hull redesign can flat grab in turns. Geez... and that's with the trim kicking the nose as high as she'll go. Trim the nose down and hit a turn hard and she will turn into a submarine.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not on its best day

:rolleyes: The only way that ski would hit 65 mph is over a waterfall till ya hit the bottom. Low fifties at best. Use what I use a handheld GARMIN 72H handheld GPS. Speedos are so not accurate. My 2006 RXT modded up too approx 300 hp will run in the mid seventies. Thats a 1500 cc supercharged engine with a lot of mods.

Later

OUTLAW :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts