Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, this is my first post...Anyways. I am looking into getting a PWC. I have been on many before down in the south, but never owned one. I noticed Yamaha are running some good deals right now, and I was especially looking at the Yamaha VX sport or possibly the FX if I could get a deal on it.

I heard Yamaha has good fuel economy, which would be nice. I had a Bayliner boat previously and did a lot of the mechanics on it myself...oil change, plugs, tune ups, but never a winterization.

Now that I live in Connecticut...Is a winterization hard to do on a PWC? How about the regular maintenance? I am sure it probably costs less than a regular boat to maintain. When I go to the dealer is there any option that you suggest that I should definitely get? I plan to finance it.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Todays PWC's don't really need much for winterization.

Don't fog a fuel injected machine you will trash the injectors.

Fuel stabililizer in the tank and run on hose for 10 mins so the fuel st. gets into the lines and fuel injection system, turn the fuel cock off and run it out of fuel, remove the batt.

Your winterized.

There is virtuallu no maintenace on the newer craft, short of little stuff detailed in your owners manual(like change the oil). When the performance drops change plugs thats it. They are no different than your car.:appl:

Vx 110 deluxe is what we have had in our rental fleet since 06 and still have them with 650 hours and not a problem one except atater replacement and spark plugs! Good for the money. FX is bigger and more bells and whistles and more power for sure but they both do 60+. Difference 3000-5000$

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bpann, thanks for your help. I am estatic to hear that there is not much maintenance associated with these. When I had my boat it was maintenance everyday, I am going today to look at some VX cruisers and an FX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts