Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kawasaki ultra 150. How many ounces of oil should I mix with each gallon of gas. It has an oil pump but I just don't trust them its easier for me just to premix. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used 50:1 in my 650sx. Also what I use in the Evinrude outboard that has been converted to premix. Walmart sells oil bottles that are marked with the various ratios that show how much oil is needed in half galllon increments. Buy the oil in gallon jugs and use the oil bottle to measure out the oil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 99 and I was hesitant of trusting the oil pump as well being an avid 2 stroke dirt bike rider and always premixing. Unless you want to foul plugs quickly, trust the oil pump. It works well! But, ALWAYS check the front and rear oil lines though to make sure they are still attached to the head.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a Kawasaki ultra 150. How many ounces of oil should I mix with each gallon of gas. It has an oil pump but I just don't trust them its easier for me just to premix. Thanks for the help!
Pre-mix ratio is 50:1. But pre-mixing went out in the 70's . Your way to rich at idle and slow speeds which may foul plugs, because you are burning double oil. Also the carbs will now have oil flowing thru them which will gum those up in time. I have owned over twenty two strokes that had oil injection with zero failures. Good luck with pre-mixing....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts