Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 GTX, isn't working. It has a power stop if we try to run it at 6000rpm. It will either turn off or it will drop down to 3000rpm, and then slowly go back up to 6000rpm. When it turns off it wont turn back on unless the key is removed and placed back on. The ski will run fine with no problems at 4000rpm but wont run to long at 5000rpm, and much less at 6000rpm. Also is this jetski suposed to make a lot of noise. its a really lowed machine. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
reduction mode, is when there is a sensore problem it restrics the motor from runing at full power
kind of a fail safe mode
you will need to plug it in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"you will need to plug it in" What do you mean by that? if its a fail with the system then theres a problem with the computer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after cleaning out the gas tubes from the tank to the engine my 96 GTX is still not performing correctly, it is back firing, and sometimes shuting off completely. A friend sugested running sea foam threw the enginges, but I have heard that this could also damage the engines, what do you think? I am open for any sugestions.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Seriously

:thumbsup::appl:Those carbs need to be looked at. Unfortunately it sounds like unless you want to go to carbs 101-105 you will need to have a certified tech do it.

Carbs can be a bitch if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

This time you are gonna have to suck this one up.

Carb rebuild and rejet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The carbs are easy to remove. Get yourself a manual, take the carbs out and take them to a seadoo mechanic and have them rebuilt. I just did mine and spent 150 bucks. Each carb rebuild kit is 50 bucks and my guy charged me 50 for doing it. I have a 99 GSX ltd. Majority of the money spent is on labor because they can charge you whatever they want, if you bring them the carbs they are usually more forgiving

1 - 10 of 10 Posts