Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 750SX doesn't have a factory lanyard kill switch. I bought a Pro Design kill switch with lanyard. It has 2 wires and the instructions say to ground the short wire and connect the long wire to the pulse trigger lead from the stator. These dirctions are for an ATV. Since my jetski already has a kill button on the bars, is there an easier way to connect the new kill switch? :dunno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Pro Design lanyard kill switch is installed! I connected the 2 wires in parallel to the factory STOP button and it works like a charm. :appl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered this for my 1991 Kawasaki 650SX. Could you provide some specific installation instructions and/or pictures? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new kill switch wires to the red stop button wires on the left handlebar. There are 2 wires coming from the stop button. Without cutting the wires, strip a half inch of insulation from each of the 2 wires about an inch or 2 from the switch box. Attach one wire from the new kill switch to each of the 2 stripped wires. I like to solder the new connections to prevent corrosion and wrap the wires in electrical tape. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to make sure I have it right, connect one of the wires from the kill switch to one of the wires from the red stop button, and connect the other wire from the kill switch to the other wire from the red stop button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts