Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to call Sea Tow for a jet ski tow after I sucked up and wrapped up my anchor line into my impeller. Whoops. A first for me and I am glad I have great towing insurance. It was the first time I have met Dan and Ed of Sea Tow, they were great. I am sure I was their easiest tow of the day. I have made over 160 trips in two years on this ski and it was my first tow, Guess I was due.
Now here is my fishing report.
I dropped at Willoughy Boat ramp in Norfolk at 0620 hrs to a beautiful morning on the Chesapeake Bay. I ran along Oceanveiw to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Casted some storms at the 1st Island and caught a couple schooly Striped Bass. I then headed to the 3rd Island and did some more casting and managed a couple 24-26 inches. After that I tried togging the rocks/piles of the third with live fiddlers it was real slow and I moved around several times until I sucked up my anchor line. I spent two hours this afternoon cutting the line off of the drive shaft. I do not think I messed up the bearing. Here are some pictures from today.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
That's a bummer! We had a similar experience out in the ocean one time. My stepfather tried to drive his boat through the kelp bed and got the prop completely jammed with kelp. The Coastguard refused to help us and basically left us stranded even though we asked them for help. They didn't even so much as call anyone for us either. Nobody had cell phones with them because I had left mine in my truck due to my jet skiing. I ended up finding a tow boat on my jet to go and get them out and I remember that bill was a pretty penny too. We got back to the dock right at sun down and then had to drive to Mission bay from the Coronado islands area to retrieve the boat trailer and jet ski trailer. We had launched from mission bay, went south out in the ocean to the Coronado island and were then headed back when he got stuck. I'm still mad at the Coastguard to this day for just leaving us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts