1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Batt good,
last time it ran.
10mph max, then died completely
Cranked a few times then felt like a dead batt.
Got it home and load tested fine.

Still no crank, LCD just says START.

Where should I start?

Thanks in advance, the boss would like to use it this weekend.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Did you reset the start code? If the battery was disconnected I think you have to put in "AAAA" or reset the code you were using. Sure you have a good battery?

Does it turn over and just not start, or nothing? Any clicks when you hit the starter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No I dont know how to reset the start code. but ill search for it.
I have a load tester here, didnt charge it, tested it after it sat for a week and under a load read good.

When i hit the start button, no clicks, no nothing, just the word "START" on the LCD.

Also its a 1999 1200xl limited , my mistake

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yea I'd try reseting the lock code first just to be sure. I think you disconnect a blue connector behind the front storage compartment then hold down the mode button and enter a new code when it tells you. Enter the new code and it should say "Start" again.

Next I'd check and clean all wire connections (tight and no corrosion) from battery on. Open the electronic box and make sure the wires going to the starter solenoid are tight and not corroded (May be a brown wire). Also check fuses.

Be sure you didn't suck something into the pump that is keeping it from turning over. Look in the intake grate, and remove if necessary to be sure all is clear. Pull the plugs and be sure you can turn the engine over by hand (be sure to pull the lanyard when you do this).

If you try the above and still no luck, I'd test the starter solenoid next then the starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts