Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2006 RXP (all of them are supercharged, right?) for what seems like a good price. However, when I was looking a few years ago and ended up buying my 2 older models, there was a particular model that a dealer told me to stay away from, and this might be it, I don't remember. So, is anyone aware of known problems with this model or are they a good ski?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes it is a good ski

I found a 2006 RXP (all of them are supercharged, right?) for what seems like a good price. However, when I was looking a few years ago and ended up buying my 2 older models, there was a particular model that a dealer told me to stay away from, and this might be it, I don't remember. So, is anyone aware of known problems with this model or are they a good ski?
Ok, you want to know about Seadoos. First a few questions.

1. How many hours are it?

2. What is the price?

3. Have you seatrialed it yet?

Here is some general info. The 2006 RXP is a great ski, I have the RXT and when it was stock it never gave me any trouble. Now it has a Riva Stage III kit on it and is still reliable now that is dialed in. I also own a 2008 GTX 215, which is the same motor with no trouble at all. However, on your year ski there is an upgrade to the supercharger washers by 120 hrs or they might fail.
Tis not an expensive fix. Kinda like an ounce of prevention.

Also Bombardier builds their engines in Austria and ships them to Canada for assembly. Point is European quality seems to be the best for me.

The top end on the RXP is 68 mph stock. It also accelerate's very fast.

Anyway get back to me with the answers and we can get more exact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts