Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the Tigershark PWC's are in comparrison to say Yamaha's and SeaDoo's? Does anybody have any model history on them? it's hard to find much information on the web about them..

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 1995 tigershark 900. It was good for the first year.. After that problems. They are made by Articat and has a Suzuki engine in them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Ohh my god son!!! run as fast as you can...rrruuuuunnnn!!!!!!!:( No bueno! Baaad JU JU! no can find no parts ever! Break break...scary machines...Get the point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
calm down... they have no parts because they were sued by yamaha , they were told to pay a large amount of money or stop making them .. its on wikipeida if u wanna read more ,. im in australia couldnt get parts but i america had heaps of places i got it sent over from ebay ..

·
Registered
811 Posts
Artic Cat should never have built jet skis period

I would never get on a tiger shark pwc for fear of getting stuck on it. Riding a tiger shark is like swimming in muddy water,"your wet but it ain't fun" Known for bad drive shafts and very poor quality and ride. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I would never get on a tiger shark pwc for fear of getting stuck on it. Riding a tiger shark is like swimming in muddy water,"your wet but it ain't fun" Known for bad drive shafts and very poor quality and ride. :thumbsdown:

The newest 97 or 98 Daytona 1100 (before they stopped making them) was a good looking ski but I'd be scared of not being able to get parts for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont have a lot of ski experience but did have a tigershark and really liked it!...easy to work on, fast enough and parts were not a problem at all..pretty dry ride(better than my friends honda that every wave slapped you in the face)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a 98 TS1000L and the repair bills were high. The one thing I can warn you of is keep the inside dry. The stsrter will get wet and that is only the begining. When I finialy got it right it did preform. Parts are available if you look. I was happy with the Tigershark but no longer own it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Tigersharks are good skis, they are just a little harder to find parts as Arctic Cat stopped making them in 1999. Many Cat dealers still carry parts and eBay is always a great resource.

·
Registered
4 Posts
have four tiger sharks 3 770's and one 1100 when something goes wrong and it's major problem you will have trouble finding parts, and if they are not run often then they tend to act up ... have replaced three starters in my 1100 over the past 3yrs...If I had to buy another jet ski I would not buy tiger shark as they are out of bus. since 1999.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts