Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your time!!!
I brought my Polaris 1200 SLX into a private boat shop (not a Polaris dealership) for a Bendix. They just called and said the Bendix will be in tomorrow but that because it's a 3 cylinder they will have to remove the engine or the gas tank to get to it ,so it seemed like they were telling me it's more than they expected? they originally said it would take 2-3 hours at 86 dollars an hour and 118 dollars for the Bendix? I don't want to get taken. Can anyone tell me, does this sound fair?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm almost positive the engine will have to come out. I have 4 Yamaha's and I know on at least 2 of them, the engine has to come out. Doesn't sound like a bad price to me, providing it isn't more. Have they done this before or learning on your machine. I would check on the dealer, they'd be more familiar with your machine.
The first thing I do when I buy a machine new to me is buy a FACTORY(not after market, ie: clymers, seloc, etc.) manual, as I take care of maintaining my own machines, providing it's not under warranty, and even then under certain circumstances. It's invaluable to keeping the machines alive. I take pride in taking impeccable care of all my machines. 9 various machines, 2 '06 Yamaha VX110 Deluxe, 2 '97 Yamaha 1100 WaveVenture's, Chapparal Sunesta Deck boat, ProCraft 21' bass boat, Hobie 18' catamaran sailboat, O'Day 14' sailboat, and paddle boat. It takes a lot of time to maintain them but it's my hobby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts