Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’m new to the world of watercrafts and two-strokes. I just picked up a project 2002 GP1200R. I want to save it. I’m guessing oil injection failed. I plan send out to recoat the cylinder walls to factory spec. Anyone with experience please advise. Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this was the Yamaha section. Update*** I pulled full exhaust off and when I started pulling the carbs I realize that the oil supply line to the carb was disconnected. Evidently it is a physical connection issue not oil injection controls. Regardless I am deleting and running my own mixed. Has anyone sent off cylinders for recoating Nickel silicon carbide with Millineum?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The 2stroker are a dieing breed. Lol. I question I'm dieing! 2strokes are all I own.

Uschrome does a fantastic job. Vaguely remember someone using millineum with good results. It's been awhile. Search it on here.

The oil lines pulling off is the most common cause of failure. Biggest cause lack of proper maintenance.

As for the oil system I recommend reusing it. Not only will it save you oil but also fouled plugs. The pumps don't fail the lines fail due to lack of maintaining them. Use new line and attach them tight with black cable ties and cable tie gun or oetiker clamps. Leave plenty of slack to allow line shrinkage over time. Will need to replace every few years. I find the cable ties work just fine if installed tight.
The system has a variable ratio pump. At idle its around 200/1 and at full throttle its about 30/1. This allows it to use less oil overall and have the correct amount of oil for rpm. The pump has a timeing mark that will need to be set once the system is repaired and bled.

The cable tie gun can be found with the ties in the electrical section at lowes, home depot, or electric supply store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts