Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do Seadoo XP's break alot or is it mine please help!!

I have a 1999 Seadoo Xp limited with 30 hour's on it I bought it 1 and 1/2 years ago and last summer the carbs went to junk... not a big deal but having them rebuilt is not to cheap. and then the next summer I was out riding way out in the bay and the seadoo died(R.I.P) :confused: it had aparently sucked up water taking all the lubrication out of one of my cylinders and eating up a cylinder now.I need a new top end.....? It seems like every mechanic I talk to hate's this particular model jetski they all say its junk and. I have yet to have mine run threw 1 whole summer??? My question is are they really they bad or did i just have bad luck?????? PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had 2 95 XP's and they were perfectly maintained by the previous owner and when i bought them in 2001 they both ran great...until somehow they both got water into the cylinders and F-ed the cylinder walls even after the recomended procedure for drying and lubing up the cylinders. and both motors shit the bed. not the same year or engine as yurs but i love em and im sad as hell to see them go cuz i got 2 2002 RXDI's. LONG LIVE THE XP!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2001 XP for a few years and had no problems. However, a lot of my friends did. What you want is the Red XP. They made it only for 2 years, I have the 2003. Its fuel injected.....what a difference. The machine runs awesome and doesnt get water into it like the carb ones.

Ill tell you somthing else, the red XP's are VERY valuable. I keep mine in showroom condition, and was recently offered $10,000 for it. Since you really cant buy any small skis for jumping anymore....skis like the XP and the ultra 150 (respected as 2 of the best ocean wave jumping ski's) are getting very valuable.

--John

·
Registered
2 Posts
they r a great ski but just reciently mine has been vibrating bad and water is going into the exhaust. never had a problem with it before and it is kept in excellent condition and always maintained can any one help???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a 1998 and it blew up its motor from over heating. Some how the machine sucked up a small peice of seaweed and it got lodged in the head. Melted down the pistons. There was no temp alarm and I was not in a seaweedy area. Stupid XP must not have had a good filter to keep a small peice of seaweed out of the cooling system. I would say they are junk. I have heard of many people replacing that 951 motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just rebuilt the engine in my brother-in-laws 99 last year but it did have over 200 hours on it w/ some crappy oil. He has probably put about 60 hours on it since and it runs great. I think they're ok, especially for an engine you can completly rebuild (crank, rods, pistons, gaskets, machining and all) for less than $600 if you're willing to get your hands dirty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts