Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these Hondas get good mileage, I normally see around 6-7 mpg. But yesterday really surprised me. It was an unusually calm day with just a slight ripple on the water, air temp around 85, water temp I'm guessing in the low 60s. I started out with a full tank and other than a short 5 minute burst at 60 mph, tried hard to keep it around 40. This is an 80+ mile round trip that normally uses 4 bars (of the available 6) worth of fuel to complete, when the waves are 2-3 feet & I'm on & off the throttle. So after going 30 miles, I look down at the fuel display & see that it hasn't even moved yet. I was a little concerned that maybe it was broken. But, before I reached my destination, it had dropped 1 bar. Even so, when I stopped, I pulled the storage bin out to have a look, and sure enough, the tank was almost full. When I returned from the trip, I had used less than 1/2 a tank. I couldn't believe it-over 80 miles on half a tank! Amazing what calm water & a steady speed will do for your fuel economy. Now I have enough gas to go for another ride tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wonder what the milage on my 05 1300R will be?

Hi, I just got an 05 Yamaha GP1300r with 60 hours on it and it's in mint condition. Had only been run in Lake Ocheecobee so the engine bay looks like it's brand new...Zero corrosion!! Compression is 112.5 in all three cylinders. I know the milage won't be anything like the fourstrokes but cruising at the same speed and condions as the guy posted above me with the Honda, what can I expect to see? What would be the average range? I am taking it out on the ocean this coming Tuesday. Wish me luck. I also sprayed the engine and all the accessories that were metal with that T-9 corrosion protector to help prevent corrosion. Other than flushing the engine and hosing everything down with fresh water, is there anything else I need to know for after use in salt water? I greased the bearing at the bulkhead going to the back bulkhead with some marine grease, are there any other grease fittings that I should know about? I don't have the manual yet. Thanks in advance for the response.:) Steve
I just realized that I am in the Honda forum, sorry, don't bash me too hard. :eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*UPDATE*
So I went for another ride & ended up putting a total of 105 miles on it before going to gas up again. Miles driven divided by gallons of gas used = 9 miles per gallon.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I took out my GP-1300 yesterday and burned about 11-12 gallons in 3.5 hours of running, so I can't complain. Most of the running around consisted of giving my family rides so my speed was mostly around 25 mph with a few high speed passes and some ocean riding so that is about 7mpg so I guess that's not too bad for a 1300cc twostroke. So as long as I bring an extra five gallons of fuel or have access to it I should be okay for an outing. I will say that the Yamaha is wetter in rough water than the 98 Seadoo GTXLimited that I rode a couple of months ago.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts