Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just replaced my battery the other day as my last one dropped a cell as it was a bout 4 years old. Just wondering do you guys disconnect the battery when you not gonna use the ski for 2 weeks or so? As It is new battery I have been told I should be able to leave Battery connected as it is new, and after it gets a year or two old thats when you start disconnecting it? Is this correct?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the battery unless it will be more than a month at least. I have not heard of any advantage to disconnecting the battery unless your ski has some electrical component that puts a constant load on it. For more than a month or two, I'd probably put it on a charger.

It also depends on the type of battery. If you replaced the orignial with a marine type of battery, then they are build to hold a charge for longer than a typical battery. Many make the mistake of putting in just any type of battery, and some are designed for high starting amps, but will not hold a charge well. This type of battery will also not hold up well to the bouncing that they get in a ski, and will typically not last very long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ernet. It is a super sport high performance battery In the ski which was replaced couple days ago. Cool well I will leave it connected to the ski and after couple months Ill just put her on charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts