Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my waverunner ready to go for the summer and i have read somewhere that you need to use distilled water for the battery if the water is low in it. is that true or can i use tap water? it said something about the battery not lasting as long and i know you cant always believe whats on the internet. trying to get it started i have left a 2amp plugged up all week and it wouldnt start so today i will check the water level. maybe thats it. but help if you have any other ideas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question. How long does everybody elses battery last. I run my pwc all summer and during the off season it's sets in the garage. Do I need to do anything to it to help it last longer? I've had my waverunner for 3 yrs now and I just went and bought new battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, you should always use distilled water in batteries. The chemicals and metals in tap water ruin batteries. If you didn't get a charge before you filled it up the battery is probably bad. In the off season you should remove your battery from the ski and place it in a warm area. If you want you can hook it up to a charger/maintainer to keep it good. That should help it last longer. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts