Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my 2008 VX deluxe jetski for about 8 months now and I have never beached it, I have seen other people beah the jetskis at high speed and always thought this couldn;t be good for the jetski's impeller.

Could you please let me know wether or not its ok the either pull you jet ski up slowly on the beach or drive it up.

Also is their any devices to stop seaweed entering the grate?

Thanks olly

·
Registered
13 Posts
u can beach a jetski quickly as long as you kill the engine before reaching very shallow water...if done constantly it isn't very good for gel coat depending on ground material

·
Registered
3 Posts
Engine should always be dead as said above. Hull damage depends on where you are beaching it. If there is driftwood or something of that nature, you may gouge the hull. Straight sand will merely wear away on the gel coat (think wet sanding).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Alaska. Does anyone have any recommndations on how to protect a Jet Ski when beaching. We are planning a ride to Kodiak and need to land on the beach.
We are looking at:
1) Spraying the hull with bed liner?

2) Installing a keel guard?

3) Building a double aluminum hull?

4) Using a plastic snow sled to skid the machines up the beach?

5) Using PVC pipe to skid the machines up the beach?

6) Anchoring off shore?

Another problem we have is bears love to eat seats? Any ideas? We have an electric bear fence and cyanne pepper suprises?

LMENO what think?
Alaskaseahunter

·
Registered
47 Posts
beaching

u can beach a jetski quickly as long as you kill the engine before reaching very shallow water...if done constantly it isn't very good for gel coat depending on ground material
yep, kill that motor before reaching shore, at least a foot deep no less.Anyone who throttles up onto the sand doesn't care about there machine.Its routine to sand your ski on the beach so its hard to avoid light scratches on the bottom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another problem we have is bears love to eat seats? Any ideas? We have an electric bear fence and cyanne pepper suprises? LMENO what think? Alaskaseahunter[/QUOTE said:
WHAT THE HELL.... :eek:

I would be more worried about the bear eating ME and not my seat.....

wayne

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hello from Alaska. Does anyone have any recommndations on how to protect a Jet Ski when beaching. We are planning a ride to Kodiak and need to land on the beach.
We are looking at:
1) Spraying the hull with bed liner?

2) Installing a keel guard?

3) Building a double aluminum hull?

4) Using a plastic snow sled to skid the machines up the beach?

5) Using PVC pipe to skid the machines up the beach?

6) Anchoring off shore?

Another problem we have is bears love to eat seats? Any ideas? We have an electric bear fence and cyanne pepper suprises?

LMENO what think?
Alaskaseahunter
Man-O-Man. That has to be a bummer coming back to find a bear eating your ski. :D

Your best bet may be an off-shore anchoring system. Something like this: Amazon.com: Kwik Tek A-3 Screw Anchor System: Kai Winding: Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. all you really have to do is kill the engine and if you arnt quite on shore just pull it up a smidge and tie it or anchor it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you want to put honey on the ski next to your so the stay off of yours.

i just kill my ski in about waist deep and drag in up to the shore. sand in your pump is not good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bears???

First What Type Yogi Or Boo Boo?
LOL
Mabe A 45 Would Kep You Seats Safe.
As For The Hull Spry On Liner Is Good, Put Is Does Cut Your Top Speeds.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts