Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at two 550 jet skis. They are perfectly maintained and the guys said they both have good compression. However they have not been run for years and will both probably need carb jobs and one needs a new top end. I have a lot of experience with older cars but none with pwc's. Buying my first ones.
For the carb jobs on these does anyone have a good link or an idea of about how much a rebuild kit would cost?
I dont want to get into something that is more than its worth. They are selling with a trailer and stands for 900 total. (everything registered with titles) Does this seem like a decent deal?

I feel like the 550's are selling when running for about 400-500 bucks here in LA. Does that seem about right to you guys? What is the difference from the 440...are parts compatible?

Thanks and I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
SBT website has them for 15 dolllars each, i just did two carbs, they seemed like a good kit, plus it comes with instructions, you need to re use one of the internal gaskets so dont throw everything away. Would be a good deal if it didn't need a top end, but that just depends on your ability to fix them. ebay has parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts