Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have advice on what to look for in a trailer when I get my first Waverunner? Even tho I'm getting 1 waverunner I think I'll be looking for a 2-ski trailer in case I eventually get a second one. Thanks ---

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Several things:

1) Get a low profile not the cheap high profile ones :thumbsup:

2) Stick with a name brand like a ShoreLandr or Triton

3) Look for rust not just on the main rails but the axel beam. Make sure the wheel bearings were regularly greased.

4) Make sure bunk wood is firm and solid as over time it can get soggy and break under the weight of the PWC.

5) Obviously make sure the wiring is intact and the lights work.

Now is the time to buy with snow on the ground. There are some great deals out there.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Anybody have advice on what to look for in a trailer when I get my first Waverunner? Even tho I'm getting 1 waverunner I think I'll be looking for a 2-ski trailer in case I eventually get a second one. Thanks ---
If you will be putting the ski(s) in salt water, definitely go with an aluminum trailer (like Triton). The extra cost will pay for itself over time. Even the best steel trailers will begin to rust. If you will be in fresh water then a steel or galvanized trailer will work fine............Yacht Club and Shorelandr are popular brands and both make very nice trailers.

For best towing if you have to pull the skis a distance look for a trailer with torsion bar suspension versus leaf springs. The torsion bars will provide a much nicer ride, and are smoother to tow.

IMO the best 2 place pwc trailer on the market right now is the Triton Elite series with the torsion bar suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts