Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum , seeking information on a good ski to start with. I did use the search function but didn't find exactly the opinions I was looking for.

As the summers get too hot for Motorcycle riding here in MS, the gf and I have been discussing getting a Jet ski. Unfortunately , I have no clue what is good and what isn't with jet skis. Would definitely appreciate some opinions on what to start with inexpensively to see if its something we will enjoy and do often enough. Things like low maintenance, reliability , and cost are our main concerns.

These are a few that are currently on craigslist near me

1996 Yamaha Waverunner
2005 yamaha waverunner vx 110
Kawasaki 1100 zxi Jet Ski (like this one the most so far)

2 SeaDoo jetski's with Double Trailer

Once again, I know NOTHING about these.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Stick with Kawasaki or Yamaha. They are the best. Honda is reliable too but they have not been building PWC nearly as long (less than 10 years). All of the other brands are crap! i know Sea Doo's sell good but they have the worst reliability and customer service when something breaks.

Basically, look for something stock and chances are it will last you a long time. Same thing with if the owner is an experienced rider or not. If it is the guys first jet ski and he is selling it, it may be for a specific reason such as he could have done something to it and just fixed it enough to sell it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Look at JayDawgs post, stick with Yamaha or Kawasaki any one of them in the older models are fairly cheap to but used. And are cheap on parts and easy to maintain. Many times you can get 2 skis easly from 94 up to 96 for less than $3k with a trailer. For my kids the Kaw 750ss 's are the way to go they can beat the death out of them and still keep going, top speed is only about 45mph but still fun and even more fun when they have rough water. For serious long rides would have to go to somthing newer, their alot more stable but alot more expensivse. I have the Honda f-12x, and really what more can you say, its a honda rides great price is right used, but like the cars you can expect them to do well, mine has so far, (will cause argument maybe with that statement). Yamaha and kawasaki are still the true leaders. Good luck hope you enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts