Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum guys. I searched but couldn't find where this was answered before. I was married for 10 years, hence poor. Anyway it has been 2 years since my divorce and I am finally able to buy a jet ski.

My problem is that I live in an apartment with no access to a garage. Pretty much all the mini storages around me have no vacant large bays (I will need 1 at least 15 feet long for the trailer).

So now I am kind of stuck. A local marina lets you use a floating dock for 400 dollars a year. There is plenty of outdoor storage available as well.

I plan on buying my pwc new and in my old age like to take care of what I own. I know they are designed for water use but how hard is outdoor storage on one? Right now I am thinking about buying a trailering cover to keep on it at all times, then putting a tarp to cover the entire thing. Also will keep it waxed. I live on the east coast (not near salt water though). My season will likely run from May to October.

The floating deck sounds good but I am afraid the constant moisture along with whatever crap is in the river would take a toll on it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
No problem storing it covered on your trailer during the winter if you winterize properly. I think that would be a better option than leaving it on a floating dock, even if it is at a marina.

Another option is dry storage in a marina, which probably would not be too much more than what they are charging you for the floating dock. It would still need to be winterized first. I keep mine this way plus I keep a cover on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts