Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, my girlfriend being the smart one that she is, went to the lake and didnt put the plugs in... so it sank sort of. it happened two years ago and hasnt ran since. i dont know how much water got into the hull, i know they never took it to any shop to get it looked at. its just been sitting in their garage. is there any hope for this thing.... but i didnt know any of this when i changed the oil and put a new battery in. went to turn it on, and nothing, no electrics nothing.. anything would help.. thanks

and i didnt know her at the time:)

and its 98 gp760

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
goes into the shop middle of next week.. but i discribe the problems, and they said i was SOL and probably either needed new everything, or i should just sell the hull. But he said all this over the phone, we'll see when he actually looks at it.. But the yamaha dealers here suck and they are bitches to deal with.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
goes into the shop middle of next week.. but i discribe the problems, and they said i was SOL and probably either needed new everything, or i should just sell the hull. But he said all this over the phone, we'll see when he actually looks at it.. But the yamaha dealers here suck and they are bitches to deal with.

well let me know
we are the #1 ranked in all cali!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright... it was a stupid security code. they used the master code and the thing turned over. the shop had it runnin, brought it home today and going to try and get it to the lake tomorrow just to see. cost me 117 bucks, not too bad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still isnt runnin right. takes a while to get it runnin, but the idle seems a little rough. It will run good for about 5 to 10 minutes then it will just die. battery isnt the problem.. any answers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tried it. didnt work. took it to another shop. they ran some tests. It would run for about 20-30 sec then shut down. all the fuel lines are fine. They thought it could be the ignition box.. cause it wasnt gettin a spark.. Does this sound right??? Whats the price for a new/used one.

I just wanna get it runnin so i can sell it. or i might just selll it as is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it didnt sink all the way.. i think it only took on a few inches. not real sure and the owners dont have a very good memory..

No real spark, because the cylinder is get filled with gas and the plugs aren't burnin off the gas already in the cylinder, so its floodin it out. Thing is, its not runnin rich.. So i just order the Cdi ingition box and two new spark plugs.. im holdin off on the coils right now..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well already changed out the cdi, fired up first time sittin in the driveway. took it to the lake, not so easy to start, ran for 5 minutes then died. didnt start up right away after that. got it running again...blog down then, died, idle was good at times, when i gave it gas sometimes it would blog down then kick up. Carb cleaning... intructions... how long should this take.. or different problems

also.. the volt warning started to flash before it was about to die. but it a new battery?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts