Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the fuse for the bilge pump on my Tiger Shark and I'm wondering if anyone knows where this is located. My bilge pump seems to have stopped working so I'm trying to see if it's the pump itself or hopefully just something simple like the fuse.

·
Registered
157 Posts
shanep75 the fuse should be on the cover of your relay box where all your wires go to plus it can also be your relay. if you can disconnect the wires from the pump and just connect the pump to a battery and see if it is working if it is it can be your fuse or relay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the fuse possibly be the one that is on a wire below the black box? I didn't think that was the right one when I found it because it's a 5 amp fuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dang! I was hoping that might be the issue but that fuse is fine. Well onto the next step then. I wonder if someone put in a 5amp fuse at some point before I had it.

Where is the bilge pump itself located? Is that the red mechanism below the drive shaft or is that the water filter?

·
Registered
157 Posts
that sucks now your going to open the black box and check the relay. quick tip is open the box and if you can put the relay next to ur ear and move the drive shaft by hand and if you hear the relay click then its your pump thats junk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Awesome advice and trick. Thanks a lot. Might have to wait a few days now though as I hear that it's supposed to snow now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
oic can you keep your snow cuz we had enough of snow lol j/k i am from MA next to ny state and we are going to get snow tomorrow.. is it snowing there already cuz they say we going to get snow around 4am then turn to rain around 3 or 5pm?/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They say we're just going to get rain over night and tomorrow morning because it's supposed to go up to about 52 degrees and then drop Tuesday and Tuesday night we're supposed to get 4 inches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just remembered that I never did write an update for this question to say that I isolated the problem to the bilge pump and replaced it and all is working great now! Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to find the fuse for the bilge pump on my Tiger Shark and I'm wondering if anyone knows where this is located. My bilge pump seems to have stopped working so I'm trying to see if it's the pump itself or hopefully just something simple like the fuse.
(Reply)On finding the fuse, if it has one, I suggest you find your bilge pump and trace your wires back to the junction box on the starboard side of your pwc. If it has a fuse it should be along this area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts