Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone with a 2009/10 iS or 2010 RXT X has had a problem with water in their bilge.

I've ridden my 2010 RXT X three times since purchasing it 2 weeks ago. After the first ride in relatively calm water, I didn't notice any water in the bilge. This past weekend, I rode in rough water, getting the bow into several waves (not burying it though). One other problem was that for some reason I couldn't get the seat to lock down properly so as I was jumping waves (and I stood up), the seat was coming up with me. I've since been able to lock the seat down properly (I think the latch needs an adjustment).

After the above ride on Saturday, I noticed about 1" of water in the bilge just forward of (and as it turns out, under) the engine. I used a sponge to soak up a good portion of it as it didn't seem to drain out as I was riding in calmer waters at speed on Sunday. I wasn't able to get it all out though.

So my question is, do owners of this model or iS models have the same accumulation of water in the bilge, or did the water likely enter through the space between the seat and hull when it was not latched down properly?

For the record, in 6 years of ownership of my 2004 GTX SC, I never accumulated any water in the bilge, even after submarining the bow into a wave. Hopefully this isn't a problem and the water I got was a result of an improperly secured seat.

Thanks for the replies,

grover

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey Grover,

It's Bob with the 2009 RXT-IS. In regards to your water in the bilge. More then likely you got water in through the opening created by your seat bouncing. As you close down on your seat when it starts to hit the catch push slighty forward while pressing down, that should take care of it. Personally I have not got any water in my bilge. The only other thing is that for my ski there is a campaign out to check the hose from the supercharger while under a load for any pressure leaks, mine was fine. Hope this offers some help:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Grover,

It's Bob with the 2009 RXT-IS. In regards to your water in the bilge. More then likely you got water in through the opening created by your seat bouncing. As you close down on your seat when it starts to hit the catch push slighty forward while pressing down, that should take care of it. Personally I have not got any water in my bilge. The only other thing is that for my ski there is a campaign out to check the hose from the supercharger while under a load for any pressure leaks, mine was fine. Hope this offers some help:)
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information. I suspected that was the cause. I have noticed (subsequent to my ride with the opening seat) that the seat latch requires a very positive push to make sure that it is locked down correctly. I guess I heard the first click and thought it was locked.

i'm going to pull the Sea Doo out of the water this weekend and tip it forward on the trailer so I can get th rest of the water out of the bilge. After that i'll wait for some rough water, make sure the seat is properly secured and try again. I'm sure it will be dry if yours is. :)

As for the SC hose, my dealer said he ran the Sea Doo on the lake to test for any hose leaks (finding several) before he delivered it to me, so I don't suspect that is the problem. Testing this weekend should tell the story.

Thanks again for your post.
grover

1 - 3 of 3 Posts