Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 91 sea doo xp 580. I bought it about a month ago so i havent gotten to ride it yet (live in wisconsin lol). when i got it it looked like it had sat outside for 5+ years and was in rough cosmetic shape, so after starting to replace some cosmetic stuff with new stuff i got to thinking about the oil injection system. what would be the best thing to do with it being as old as it is, block it off or just leave it?

·
Registered
811 Posts
hi, i have a 91 sea doo xp 580. I bought it about a month ago so i havent gotten to ride it yet (live in wisconsin lol). when i got it it looked like it had sat outside for 5+ years and was in rough cosmetic shape, so after starting to replace some cosmetic stuff with new stuff i got to thinking about the oil injection system. what would be the best thing to do with it being as old as it is, block it off or just leave it?
Oil injection is best for your two stroke. The whole reason behind it is it meters the oil at different ratios throughout the rpm range. If you premix you can only mix it for WOT which is 50:1 ratio GAS/OIL. That means it is to rich for lower RPMS. Which will use way more oil, pollute a lot more, foul plugs and gum up your carb with premix. Right now I don't own any two strokes but the number of snowmobiles and outboard motors I have owned with oil injection is approx 20 machines and not once has the oil injection ever failed. Keep in mind when I was snowmobiling in sub zero weather. You should know that one from WI. Don't listen to old school mentality, oil injection is the way to go. f you want to make sure fill the oil tank up and mark the level on the tank to see if it is dropping, also till you sure it working try premixing the first tank to a 100:1 ratio along with the oil injection to safeguard the motor. Run it at low to med rpms till you know what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
What Outlaw said plus check your oil lines. 99% of the time it's a severed or cracked oil line that fries a motor not the oil pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts