Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I blew the exhast hose on my 1997 1100 STX. It is the hose that is between the exhast manifold and the muffler. It is a 2-ply rubber hose about 2 1/2" x 7". Do I need to get this from Kawasaki, or is there another common source for this type of hose?

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
Exhaust

cgebert said:
Yesterday I blew the exhast hose on my 1997 1100 STX. It is the hose that is between the exhast manifold and the muffler. It is a 2-ply rubber hose about 2 1/2" x 7". Do I need to get this from Kawasaki, or is there another common source for this type of hose?

any marine exhaust hose will work

u always can get silicon hose also

·
Registered
163 Posts
The marine exhaust hose is construted of Viton rubber, it's made for that purpose and will last quite a long time! Silicon hose is simply gas resistant, it will last for awhile but the gas and oil in the exhaust will eventually take it's toll.

For the money though, silicone is about the same price but just a little cheaper. If you decide to use silicone I would recomend using http://www.hightempsilicone.com/c=audiM4OIAHkQXO1LeRnpmWtDL/ ====HIGHTEMPSILICONE====

They've been good to me and have any size you want for a good price!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a good used or new aftermarket exhaust system for my kawasaki 750sx. if anyone can tell me where to get one for a good price let me know. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also kept melting my exhaust hose on a 1100stx. It was because water was not flowing in the hose and out the rear exhaust.

On top of the first front muffler there is a small elbow screwed in with a cooling hose attached to it. Unscrew it and look inside there. I had a small rock stuck in mine causing water not to flow into the exhaust itself. I stuck a small screwdriver in the hole in the muffler to get the rock out. Make sure you get whatever was stuck in there, out of the exhaust before you start it.

Also follow the lines that run back from that muffler elbow to the T elbow under the manifold. make sure they are clear by blowing in them.

If everything is clear, you should see water come out the exhuast when you flush it and run it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts