Personal Water Craft Forum banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
That is the idle screw bracket? As in idle screw threads through it?

The carb body I believe is truly a white pot metal. I don't think that anything will work short of jb weld. But it will need to be grease/oil free and paint removed from area. I would build it up heavy on both sides and over the top. Rough it up good so JB sticks well.

That sludge is probably 20yrs old. Good quality oil will help keep it from forming.
I use interceptor oil from amzoil. It's made for power valve motors. It's a low smoke, high detergent oil. If you join and become a preferred customer its cheeper then yamalube. Another choice is Pennzoil full synthetic premium plus 2stroke. I don't know that it's higher in detergents but I use it in my boat motors and there is no carbon build up on the Pistons.

Being you've cleaned the oil tank now's the time to change oils. That way you have no concerns on mixing oils that's not recommend.
I am using the XLF from Penzoil would that be considered acceptable.
I will try the JB and would the original be sufficient

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The XLF oil will be fine.

Original JB will be fine. May have to put on several layers to build up vertical sides.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Hey Dave so I took off the valve reeds and the silver plate. The plate shows some scoring can I use some gasket sealer on it such as gasgachinch 440
Or the threebond 1211
To avoid leaks at the reeds. Read about it and it seems that's where the leaks usually occur.
Also I read that on the trailer the idle should be 2800 to 3000?
Mine is at 1300 and that's with the idle screw adjusted. Runs smooth. Didn't go on water yet hope to soon.
Is there a difference in idle on water from on the trailer?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Can I reuse the exhaust gasket the smaller one next to the manifold and the intake gasket, would the gasket sealer also work on those?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Around the Reed plates I use just a very thin light coat of (rtv) silicone gasket sealer both sides.
As for reusing gaskets it's a personal preference. I don't like to myself. I will if I just put it together and had to pull it apart again. If the gasket didn't get messed up as all I won't. Personally I don't like to use any sealer on gaskets.

Idle will drop a bit in the water. 200/300 rpm maybe.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You asked me awhile back about weather Zardoz or Rodsatheart were still around. I don't have contact info for zardoz. But I can't reach Rods even by phone call. Odd that he hasn't been on here. Texts and calls go unanswered. He usually answers right off when message. Hope he's ok.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
You asked me awhile back about weather Zardoz or Rodsatheart were still around. I don't have contact info for zardoz. But I can't reach Rods even by phone call. Odd that he hasn't been on here. Texts and calls go unanswered. He usually answers right off when message. Hope he's ok.
Yeah it's pretty strange nobody drips off like that. Hope they're ok also I mean for the both of them to do it it's either a weird coincidence or bad sign. I you find out let me know. Didn't know them but the lent a hand and that alone makes them important.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts