Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just looking for information that may lead into a solution to resolve my issue with my Aquatrax F12X Turbo. I took it out to the Isle Morada (florida Keys) and when I took off the response was very slow (10-13 mph) with throttle pulled to the max, then jumped into 25mph and it was just that...wouldn't go over that at all.

I have researched in this forum looking for close answers and got really good tips to work on it this upcoming weekend. I have checked the spark plugs, oil level and cooling system and those areas are fine and in good shape. Any ideas??

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
make sure its not in child mode that will reduce the power also. Remove the intake and check to see if you can spin the spool on the turbo with your finger, don't use a screw driver! possible that turbo is locked up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply "glockm22". I removed the center tube connecting to the Turbo with the air filter casing. The Turbo is clearly stuck...blades wont spin at all. What else can I do...could I use some source of lubricant to loose it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is what I've done with them. Spray it down with something like deep creep or PB Blaster and let it sit for a bit, then using your finger with a towel over it so you don't cut yourself try to get it to move. Don't use tools on it as this will cause damage to the blades. Just be gental and patient with it and the blades will turn. After that start it up with the intake off, and let it run a min, spraying sea foam on the blades to lube them up, I put sea foam in a spray bottle and fill it up, and then spray the intake down with that, but I do this after every ride just to be safe because I have seen this on many Honda Turbo ski's. Good luck any more questions feel free to ask. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
NOTE: I spray sea foam into the intake right on the blades as the engine is running so that it sucks the sea foam into the engine and helps to also clean away any carbon build up in the wastegate , do this as your flushing out the ski at the end of the day before you put away for the week or after every ride on the weekends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOTE: I spray sea foam into the intake right on the blades as the engine is running so that it sucks the sea foam into the engine and helps to also clean away any carbon build up in the wastegate , do this as your flushing out the ski at the end of the day before you put away for the week or after every ride on the weekends.
Many thanks!!! I shall be doing this today right after coming home from work. Also, would it be good if i spray Salt-Away on the engine compartment area (inside the hull). I can see a slight film of salt on the bottom of the Hull area where the engine mounts are.. I rather do that to prevent rust building up on the bottom.:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
It wouldn't hurt I would think, just don't get it in the engine! Also I've heard of some guys that put a hair dryer blowing cool or a small fan blowing on the engine area after they spray it down with water, just to keep everything dry and air moving around the engine compartment. Good luck hope it all works out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There is a tiny nut in the center of the compressor wheel that you can gently turn clockwise [tightening it] to break the turbo loose. The blades are very fragile/sharp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok!!! good news, turbo blades are now spinning!! I decided to buy salt-off and flush the coolong system and designated areas again with it. It's responce is far better than before. Just need to test it this weekend... Hopefully this is the only thing and that no other cause breaks the ski.. What I did was to spray blaster lubricant on the center of the blades and gently ( after 1 hr ) the blades started to move. I turned the engine on for a minute and voala!!. Immediately after that I connected the water hose to the back with a salt-off adapter and it's liquid solution to flush it while watching the blades move without restriction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts