Personal Water Craft Forum banner

bought new bike

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  JayDawg 
#1 ·
alright.i have just bought me a 98 yamaha waverunner xl1200.i used to have a sea doo xp1000 which was fast.now this yamaha doesnt seem as fast.its off the mark is not good and slight misfire so think needs new plugs,but just wondering what speed should this do,it was doing roughly 80km/h is this right or should it be faster?what is the common faults with these skis?what should i look out for?

#2 ·
A girlfriend of mine had that same ski and it would run about 60 to 65 m.p.h. if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what that equates to in kilometers though? Let me go check the speedometer in my truck.

Yeah, I guess that would equate to around 100 to 110 kilometers an hour. The things you can check on the jet ski are your compression in each cylinder, new plugs and plug wires, is the carb needing to be cleaned, is the shaft and/or impeller damaged at all, is their old gas in the tank, is water is moisture in any of the electrical boxes and/or components etc.

#5 ·
right got new plugs and new fuel,but engine seems to rev fine,it alsmost feels like a car clutch slipping if that makes sense.

i looked at impeller its got a few marks on it so going to replace it,now mine is only standard engine is a solas 13/19 to uprated for my bike?what kind off money and where is the best place to get one an impeller?
how easy are they to change?
do you really need a special tool to get the impeller off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.