Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kids! They broke the latch on the back seat, which now just moves up with no resistance and doesn't release seat. Any tricks to remove it without taking things apart? I can remove the front seat, and I see the 2 front "prongs" of the back seat fit into a couple of retaining brackets bolted to the top of the engine compartment. If I remove the retaining bracket hardware will it release the seat, and is that a difficult job?

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Try pushing down on the seat, maybe even sitting on it while trying.
If that doesn't work, you will have to try and get the to latch bolts out. Unbolting the front won't do any good as it will still be latched.
I'd have you try and take the nut off the latch pin, but the rear storage is in the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kids! They broke the latch on the back seat, which now just moves up with no resistance and doesn't release seat. Any tricks to remove it without taking things apart? I can remove the front seat, and I see the 2 front "prongs" of the back seat fit into a couple of retaining brackets bolted to the top of the engine compartment. If I remove the retaining bracket hardware will it release the seat, and is that a difficult job?

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is easy...the forward seat on waverunner
Has a latch at back that is hidden..snap latch to remove forward seat....back seat is revealed & two cover ports that back seat slide into unscrew these two & back seat should lift up & access to problem latch is easy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts