Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first, hello everyone, it's my first post!

Anyway, today I was riding a (bought used last year) 2015 FX HO. It's in good shape and seems well taken care of - at least in appearance. About 30 minutes, in, lost some power, engine sounds a bit off. Couldn't go above 40 mph at WOT. Slowly drove it back to the dock, pop open the seats, and the wiring harness that runs along the air intake and connects to the coils has very clearly overheated. Tape is burned, some plastic ties are crusty with heat. I would have assumed a fuse would go before that happened, but clearly I'm wrong about that. Any idea what the culprit might be?

Thanks,
Ben
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top