Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am planning on buying a new 2009 Yamaha FX Cruiser SHO and need some help choosing between the extended warranty or $450 in accessories. The sales guy says that the Yamaha's are so reliable that the warranty would be a waste and from what I have read on this forum I think he might be right but I am not really sure. What is everyones experience with newer Yamaha's, are they reliable enough where an extended warranty is waste?

Tristan

·
Registered
811 Posts
So I am planning on buying a new 2009 Yamaha FX Cruiser SHO and need some help choosing between the extended warranty or $450 in accessories. The sales guy says that the Yamaha's are so reliable that the warranty would be a waste and from what I have read on this forum I think he might be right but I am not really sure. What is everyones experience with newer Yamaha's, are they reliable enough where an extended warranty is waste?

Tristan
Hey there, if Yamaha is as good as Seadoo, I would take the accessories over the warranty. But you should look at how many hours a year you will run your ski. The more hours the more the extended warranty looks good. A gamble or a sure thing. Lets ask the crowd :visit:

Good Luck See Ya:cheers:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yamaha is the most reliable ski on the market, but as soon as I tell you to get the accessories, your SHO will break 1 week past the standard warranty. Keep in mind that the SHO is the top end model with more bells and whistles, so potentially more things to break.

I'm not a big fan of the extended warranties, and for the most part I think they are a waste of money, but I'm also capable of doing most repairs myself. If I were not wrench handy, I'd be more inclined to get the extended warranty ($450 is a good deal for it)............and you may sleep better at night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts