Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I am brand new to all things jet ski. I am about to buy two yamahas 2008 vx deluxe with trailer and covers for $2500. They both have 150 hrs on them. The owner says they run like new and has professional records of service and all. Sent me pics of digital gauge to confirm hours and on the pictures the skis look great. Don’t know, but seems too low of a price or too good to be true. Should I be concerned? Please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it were me, I'd be all over it. I got a similar deal a few years ago: matched pair of 1999 GP1200s with ~165 hours + trailer for $2000. One ran and the other didn't, and I knew that when I bought them. The non-running ski ended up needing a new set of pistons, cylinders bored and some welding on the crank case. Both skis needed the carbs rebuilt. But they've given me three years of absolutely trouble free service. I had to replace crank seals on one this spring, but that's the first time I've had to mess with them.

Except for boring the cylinders, I did all the work myself and have about $700 in the rebuild, including $135 worth of carb kits (only use OEM Mikuni kits). My suggestion is if you're "good with tools" you should go for it. But regardless of how they run on the trailer, expect to spend some time/expense bringing maintenance up to date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello to all. I am brand new to all things jet ski. I am about to buy two yamahas 2008 vx deluxe with trailer and covers for $2500. They both have 150 hrs on them. The owner says they run like new and has professional records of service and all. Sent me pics of digital gauge to confirm hours and on the pictures the skis look great. Don’t know, but seems too low of a price or too good to be true. Should I be concerned? Please help.
I'd be concerned if you have to wire the payment to somebody because the skis are "stored" in a "warehouse" on a "military base" while I'm on "deployment.

I think Ive even seen the picture on previous craigscamlist ads

in this market, I wouldn't give anybody a nickle until I was able to check the skis AND the validity of the title

this one has SCAM written all over it. especially with the numbers blurred and his claim of having "the logbooks"

the skis book value are well over $4k EACH!

right now skis are going fgor well over book value as they are in really short supply. saw a guy pay $2k over book for a kawasaki 15f

don't be a victim, and you can paypal me $20 for lunch after you find out it actually was a scam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. We made the payment via Amazon pay. So basically, I send the money to an escrow Amazon account and not to the seller. He will give me the skis and I have 5 days to check them and ride or whatever I want. After the 5 days, If I decide to keep them the funds are released to the seller. If I decide I don’t want them, I return the skis to him and the money gets released back to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you can actually get those skis for that price, even if they have issues, it would still be a good price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts