Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im for australia, Victoria Melbourne, and a first at buying a jet ski. I know everyone has got there opionions on different model jet ski's on top of that know much more about jet ski's than myself. I was wondering what sort of jet ski (2nd hand), is a reliable good model, well in other words whats best out there below $7,000 2nd hand that npot going to give me so much issues. i have found a polaris Virage I 2004 under 10hours use for $8,000, thgis seems, quiet cheap considering that a 99 seao with about 100 hours + goe for $ 6,000. Can anyone help a newbie verey much appreciate it. Thanks in advanded.!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would consider a Yamaha or Kawasaki. The thing with Polaris is they are out of the watercraft business. so if you did have an issue it would be more difficult to find support.

Depending on the type of riding you would be doing would also be a contributing factor on which brand I would choose. Both brands Yamaha or Kawasaki have proven themsleves with reliable 2-strokes and for that matter 4-strokes as well. My personal preference for stablity, cruising and choppy water would be Yamaha XLT or FX. I have owned a Kawi 15F for a 3 seater she had awesome throttle response, handled very well. In choppy water it was a rougher ride than my XLT 1200. Still it was very stable but a little rougher. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but is it more important to consider the engine power/type/reliability/etc or the handling of the jet ski? My brother was telling me that the engines are more or less the same but the handling is where you really see the difference between jet skis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts