Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just recently sold my old jetski a 1996 Seadoo GSX and had nothing but problems with it. Im in the market for a new ski and saw a 2000 Kawasaki zxi 1100 for sale. From the pic it looked in immaculate condition, I was curious about about the reliability of these machines, there weak points and what i should look out for if I do plan on going to look at one. All tips are considered. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the question is what didn't happen, the trim system failed (new motor), starter, DESS post went, this past season it ran like crap, open it up just before 5500 rpms it would cut out for no reason. I just became feed up with it. And i am the type of person to take care of their equipment. I owned for three years and never had a season without an issue. I spent more time fixing it than riding it. The kawasaki's trim system is called KATZ correct? what seems to fail on it?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
the question is what didn't happen, the trim system failed (new motor), starter, DESS post went, this past season it ran like crap, open it up just before 5500 rpms it would cut out for no reason. I just became feed up with it. And i am the type of person to take care of their equipment. I owned for three years and never had a season without an issue. I spent more time fixing it than riding it. The kawasaki's trim system is called KATZ correct? what seems to fail on it?

KATS

The electrical box housing the components sits low and moisture gets in.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
ok so other than that should I be looking for anything else?

That's all that I know of.

Just so you know the ZXI wasn't the best handling hull. They porpoise alot and are hard to keep hooked up. If you ride in a small lake you'll be fine but if you ride in the rough stuff or large bodies of water you might want to consider something else. I ride on Lake Michigan (Great Lakes) and even my GPR gets thrown around some times a ZXI would get slaughtered out there.

They are quick though and great for jumping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
honestly i would really like to buy a Yamaha GPR i just cannot find one for the life of me, i have always liked yamaha. the only reason kawasaki came up was because i have seen like 4 or 5 of them for sale for pretty good prices so i was curious. What year and CC is your Yami?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Do you use searchtempest.com to search craigslist? You can search any radius from your zip code. It's a great tool. The 1997-1999 GP1200 is a great machine too. Mine is a 2000 the first year they made them they were 1200cc. Then for 2003 they bumped them to 1300.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No i have never heard of it actually but i will def. check it out because I use craigslist a lot. I appreciate the advice thank you I will check it out and let you know if I find something.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you use searchtempest.com to search craigslist? You can search any radius from your zip code. It's a great tool. The 1997-1999 GP1200 is a great machine too. Mine is a 2000 the first year they made them they were 1200cc. Then for 2003 they bumped them to 1300.
Search Tempest is great, thats how I found the RXP im picking up today. Couldn't find hardly anything on regular old CR

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use craigsnotifica on my android for searching craigs list. It's excellent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts