Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently sold my 2002 seadoo gtx(155) ltd because it had a problems that would always occur and didn't seem to run as it should comparing with a friend who had the same model. Anyways i'm now looking to buy a new ski and am not sure what the other pwc manufacturers have to offer. the gtx had a great ride and adequate power for my use. I'm currently looking for something in the 6000-7000$ range in my region, I have found two skis i'm interested in, a 2006 Honda F-12 and a 2004 seadoo GTX(185). I haven't heard to much about the Honda brand have have never seen one on the water in the thousand island area where I spend most of my time, so i'm not quite sure if its a good choice. As well i would like a ski with a good size range although its not a major issue as long as they handle as well or better then my previous 02GTX.

Any opinions are welcomed thanks for your help

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, if you've learned you lesson, you'll stay away from seadoos LOL. The Hondas are extremely reliable, offer a good ride, and are great handling skis. The only addition I would suggest is a splash deflector. They are less than $100. As for range, you're looking at, on average about 90 miles to a tank (before the low fuel warning goes off). Of course wave conditions & how hard you are on the throttle will affect your mileage, but if you're cruising with little or no waves, you should be able to get over 100 miles. I've seen 2006 F-12Xs for $6000 on ebay. I'd try for one of those. You won't regret it! Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts