Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its my first time at pwcforum.com and I was hoping to get some input from people who have been around jet skis.

I've looked around a little and if i do buy a jet ski, I'm probably going to be getting a Kawasaki 800 SX-R. I'm 5'9 205 lbs, and from what I've seen this seemed to be the best bet for me.

I have not interest in getting a sit down jet ski, my family have boats (boston whaler and ski nautique) for anything that i would use one of the sit downs for (or atleast anything that i can think of).

My real concern is that it will be a lot of money (roughly 7k) and i don't really know enough about them.

I know that they are hard to use, and I'm expecting a steep learning curve. However, i'm hoping to learn how to trick (maybe race) and jump waves in the ocean.

A couple questions.

-Can i anchor one overnight?

-is it a bad idea to pull it up on the beach (should i only carry it up)

-any advice or warnings etc?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anchor a standup no not needed just run it up on shore just make sure you kill the engine before you get onto land... No warnings really just make sure it runs good and its best to test it in water if possible before buy because you never know how a ski runs until its running in the water...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts