Personal Water Craft Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
best ski

I have owned all the skis made over the past 10 years we ride aprox 100 to 150 miles every other weekend in our club the best is kawasaka by far. less problems easy to flush. we ride in salt and fresh water. i have the 250lx 260lx 250 has 244 hrs and 260 has 180 hrs not one problem yet worst was seadoo next honda

·
Registered
811 Posts
Consider yourself lucky, Kawasaki has the worst track record around here. Especially Ultras
I have nooo... problems with my supercharged and modified Seadoos, KAWASAKI IS THE MOST TOWED IN SKI BY FAR.:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Excellent deal on the RXP, same year as my RXT. very good price if it runs out ok. Most definately change your creamic washers out. here are some other ideas heh, heh........:D:cool:
Well Picked up the 06 RXP today, gotta say I'm pretty stoked! Only thing I'm not crazy about is the color of the gold. If I wanted to make it the red/blk color scheme would I be better off buying a red seat and bumper used and maybe the front plastic or just having the plastic painted? Before anyone goes asking why I didnt buy that color, I have only found 3 within a 4hr drive (furthest im willing to drive) and they all were sold by the time I found them. EVERY RXP I have found has been sold. Only reason I got this one was it was for sale only as a pair with another seadoo 3 seater non supercharged model and just for shits and giggles I asked if he would sell just the rxp if I didnt want the trailer and by some freak of a chance someone else had just offered to buy the other unit he had with his trailer and give this guy a single place trailer for the RXP. There for it wasnt even really on the market! 84 hrs on it with a new battery. Got it for 5300 with a 2004 aluminum trailer so really couldnt go wrong. Few minor cosmetic blemish's but nothing out of the ordinary for a 5 yr old ski...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was advised that every 100 hours that you should rebuild the supercharger. Read here: Sea Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service
Sounds like it costs approximately $400 for a full rebuild
You ride that thing and you'll definately think it's worth it
I will def look into this, its got 84 hrs on it right now, think I should be ok for this summer? Seeing as I just got it I'd like to enjoy it this summer instead of spend money on it, thats what my boat is for :laugh:
I figure if it should have a rebuild then I might as well have that done when I do the washers to save some money. Would rather have it done when I put it away for the winter....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Excellent deal on the RXP, same year as my RXT. very good price if it runs out ok. Most definately change your creamic washers out. here are some other ideas heh, heh........:D:cool:
Oh I def want exhaust bad! What do you got done? And also thank you very much for all of the information you gave me when I started this thread. It was extremely helpful in helping me decide what to get and great information on this model. I'm learning a lot:thumbsup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Oh I def want exhaust bad! What do you got done? And also thank you very much for all of the information you gave me when I started this thread. It was extremely helpful in helping me decide what to get and great information on this model. I'm learning a lot:thumbsup:
What don't I have done is more like it, go to GREEN HULK forum. My friend Jerry Gaddis owns it and the linked PWC PERFORMANCE outta Louisana. Got to Seadoo 4tec performance. There you find the goodies lol. Look at the different RIVA parts/kits lots of stuff to choose from you can buy indivividual parts or kits made up of these parts, for instance you can buy a stage 1 kit, stage 2 kit and the beast that I have the stage 3 kit. The Stage 3 kit will give you the most improvements, yikes its $5,800, shipped to your door. However you get what you pay for. even the intake grate is better. I have two big boxes of stock parts that were exchanged for RIVA parts. Then the exhaust is a little can/waterbox that goes to a straight pipe and out the big exhust outlat on the port side of the transom. What a beautiful headturning sound that gives off. Also here is a Seadoo secret, we shave the revese bucket to match the nozzle so there is no resistance for the jet to be impeded. Then there are different nozzle rings mine runs best with the 82 mm. I also removed the OPAS system and installed RIVA racing sponsons, for less friction and drag. I also treat my hull with a very slippery polymer coating every time I launch for less drag. There are a couple more things that I did that I won,t give out just yet.

Main thing is look at the RIVA parts list and I gottem all, to see what is available. If you have the $$$ you can go really fast. It is rare that I lose a race, when I do It is against another Seadoo.

Here is the facts,

Stock-215 hp 68 mph

RIVA STAGE III kit with other mods 300hp+ - 76 mph all day long 77-78 mph with perfect conditions

Here is pics of engine mods

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here are some more pics
As far as performance parts are concerned I'm not really sure what I'm looking at yet as this is my first pwc, but you better believe ill be figurin it ou fast. I can't leave anything stock lol
Man that red looks so sexy over black I so wish mine was the red/blk..wanna trade? Haha

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
whats some cheap mods for this thing? Needs more of a hole shot imo. Dont want to go with no kit that costs thousands at this time..Also I need to have the washer job done sometime this summer as im at 85 hrs, do I have to rebuild the SC too or is that only if the washers fail? I really was not planning on putting $500 in maintnance into this ski this summer....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
whats some cheap mods for this thing? Needs more of a hole shot imo. Dont want to go with no kit that costs thousands at this time..Also I need to have the washer job done sometime this summer as im at 85 hrs, do I have to rebuild the SC too or is that only if the washers fail? I really was not planning on putting $500 in maintnance into this ski this summer....
Anyone? Would a better impeller help the hole shot? Also friend of mine might be picking up a 99 Kawi Ultra 150 tomorrow, everywhere I look says they do 70-72 stock, is this true?

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Anyone? Would a better impeller help the hole shot? Also friend of mine might be picking up a 99 Kawi Ultra 150 tomorrow, he claims its faster then my RXP and everywhere I look says they do 70-72 stock, is this true? This is unacceptable for him to have the faster ski :D
No, they do you 66/67 stock. RXP does 68.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Kawawhat???

Don't even give it a second thought about a Kawasaki Ultra 150 trying beat your RXP what a joke!!!!!!! Maybe if it was an Ultra 250 he might keep up. When the RXP was launched it took out the fastest ski at the time, the Yamaha GP1300R. Then it was at the top of the food chain for a few years. I f you lose to that there is something wrong with your ski.

Ok one thing you can do is shave the reverse bucket so when it is up there is nothing psrtially blocking the jet. So just cut it back so it curved up in the middle mirroring the jet nozzle when you look at it. The other is use an instant detailer on the bottom of the hull for less friction Meguiars is good. Learn how to use your trim , trim down for take off and trim up while accelerating to max speed. The Green Goblins are the least of your worries,ROFL:laugh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Don't even give it a second thought about a Kawasaki Ultra 150 trying beat your RXP what a joke!!!!!!! Maybe if it was an Ultra 250 he might keep up. When the RXP was launched it took out the fastest ski at the time, the Yamaha GP1300R. Then it was at the top of the food chain for a few years. I f you lose to that there is something wrong with your ski.

Ok one thing you can do is shave the reverse bucket so when it is up there is nothing psrtially blocking the jet. So just cut it back so it curved up in the middle mirroring the jet nozzle when you look at it. The other is use an instant detailer on the bottom of the hull for less friction Meguiars is good. Learn how to use your trim , trim down for take off and trim up while accelerating to max speed. The Green Goblins are the least of your worries,ROFL:laugh:

lol its a red one haha, I read on another forum somewhere that you dont want to polish the bottom, and that you actually want tiny microscopic ridges in there, were they referring to handeling instead? this was an artice about a race ski or something. Whats some other cheap mods I can do just for the hell of it? Ill give the bucket thing a try?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Does anyone make aftermarket cosmetic parts for the 06 rxp? I accidently broke one of those hoses on the hood that looks like a vaccume cleaner hose. They look retarded imo anyways. Think its called a vent tube or something there grey and run on both sides of the hood. Anyone make a chrome replacement or anything? Its a ski not a shop vac lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
Anyone? Would a better impeller help the hole shot? Also friend of mine might be picking up a 99 Kawi Ultra 150 tomorrow, he claims its faster then my RXP and everywhere I look says they do 70-72 stock, is this true? This is unacceptable for him to have the faster ski :D
I don't know where you are lookin but an Ultra 150 will not run 70 mph, that would make it as fast as the supercharged ultra 250,260. Don't think it is possible. As I said earlier the closest ski to the RXP was the Yamaha GP1300R. The RXP was the fastest production stock ski for years.

Now about your prop, if you pitch it back your hole shot should be better, but the expense of top speed. it also may hit the rev limiter. I suggested earlier that you trim your reverse bucket so it does not block the jet,thats good for 1-2 mph. Use your trim right and sit on the back of the ski to get the hull outta the water more.

Mods are the way to go. I just got into a race Sunday with a 2009 Seadoo RXP-X 255 hp, absolutely destroyed it so bad the guy was talking to himself. flagged from an idle, hole shot 5 ski lead by the time he planed out, at 1000 feet I won by 15 skis. So for better torque and horsepower mods are the answer

So tinkering will not give the results that mods due.:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I don't know where you are lookin but an Ultra 150 will not run 70 mph, that would make it as fast as the supercharged ultra 250,260. Don't think it is possible. As I said earlier the closest ski to the RXP was the Yamaha GP1300R. The RXP was the fastest production stock ski for years.

Now about your prop, if you pitch it back your hole shot should be better, but the expense of top speed. it also may hit the rev limiter. I suggested earlier that you trim your reverse bucket so it does not block the jet,thats good for 1-2 mph. Use your trim right and sit on the back of the ski to get the hull outta the water more.

Mods are the way to go. I just got into a race Sunday with a 2009 Seadoo RXP-X 255 hp, absolutely destroyed it so bad the guy was talking to himself. flagged from an idle, hole shot 5 ski lead by the time he planed out, at 1000 feet I won by 15 skis. So for better torque and horsepower mods are the answer

So tinkering will not give the results that mods due.:D
Is there a write up with pics anywhere on how exactly to do this bucket mod? I just dont want to loose reverse. The river has a nasty current by me and i use it a lot for loading and unloading it. But ill grind away for the 2mph. But mine just doesnt go anywhere out of the hole like it should I dont think, it just revs and hits the rev limiter then gets goin. Is this normal?

BTW Im planning on doing the riva stage 1 next month when I have the blower rebuilt and all that noise. Any other mods youd suggest why its off?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is there a write up with pics anywhere on how exactly to do this bucket mod? I just dont want to loose reverse. The river has a nasty current by me and i use it a lot for loading and unloading it. But ill grind away for the 2mph. But mine just doesnt go anywhere out of the hole like it should I dont think, it just revs and hits the rev limiter then gets goin. Is this normal?

BTW Im planning on doing the riva stage 1 next month when I have the blower rebuilt and all that noise. Any other mods youd suggest why its off?
either your wear ring around the impeller is toast or you have some garbage lodged in the pump somewhere if you're hitting the rev limiter on your take-offs. Sadly I'm betting it's the wear ring. My ski will launch hard from a stand still. You have to also be losing top speed with that issue

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does anyone make aftermarket cosmetic parts for the 06 rxp? I accidently broke one of those hoses on the hood that looks like a vaccume cleaner hose. They look retarded imo anyways. Think its called a vent tube or something there grey and run on both sides of the hood. Anyone make a chrome replacement or anything? Its a ski not a shop vac lol
Found this when I was looking for something else:
RIVA Stainless Steel Braided Vent Hose For RXP [RS5-0100] - $99.95 : PWCPerformance.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
either your wear ring around the impeller is toast or you have some garbage lodged in the pump somewhere if you're hitting the rev limiter on your take-offs. Sadly I'm betting it's the wear ring. My ski will launch hard from a stand still. You have to also be losing top speed with that issue
Great, how much is that going to cost on top of the 500 for the charger rebuild I should do soon since I just hit 88hrs on ceramic washers...cheaper to have it done while there takin the charger off? After looking at this thing I dnt feel comfortable working on it myself at this point...

21 - 40 of 73 Posts