Personal Water Craft Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
There has to be a weak link in the chain. Either buy $63 rings or $300 props.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
There has to be a weak link in the chain. Either buy $63 rings or $300 props.
Whas the prop have to do with it? Obviously if something big enough gets in there its gonns screw the prop up anyways right? I fail to see how a wear ring would change anything?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Whas the prop have to do with it? Obviously if something big enough gets in there its gonns screw the prop up anyways right? I fail to see how a wear ring would change anything?
And the steel one should never have to be replaced right?

·
Registered
811 Posts
And the steel one should never have to be replaced right?
Unless you can fabricate parts your gonna have to spend some $$$ to get much more speed outta your RXP. My friend, Mad Mike, has built a 2004 RXP up with his own recipe for mods. He used different parts, Rude Superchager, Bosch fuel injectors, a big aluminum fuel rail with pressure gage, a blowoff valve that looks like it should be on a car and about 50 other mods. I was out with him last week doing speed runs and racing unsuspecting newbs. His best three runs were 79.5 mph, 80.7 mph and the best at 81.5 mph. So now you see the where you are on the food chain, stock 68 mph, fully modded 81.5 mph. So there is a 13.5 mph difference between stock and Mike's ski. Now my ski the RXT 2006 is not as modded as Mike's RXP and is heavier, runs anywhere between 75.5 mph to 76.7 mph. So you see the law of physics teaches us the faster you go, the harder it is to go faster. It is much harder to make a ski go 10 mph faster when it already runs 70 mph. Then a ski that runs 50 mph to go ten mph faster at 60 mph.

So long story short minor mods get minor results. What good is a cold air if you don't have exhaust? Why change impellers with out HP increase? You will kill your fuel rate and your top speed for the sake of a hole shot? I can do that by changing nozzle rings not impellers. The idea is to get your ski to run on the sweet spot of your powerband, I can change the hole shot and the max rpms by changing nozzle rings, I have three an 81mm, 82mm, and 83mm. I use the 82mm right now to get up to 8500 rpms. I guess what I am sayin is don't expect much without mods.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yes I am seeing this on these ski's. Oh well looks like for this yr its just going to be a few bolts ons like the 4" intake, grate and exhaust. Next yr Ill either look into a X charger upgrade or just goto an RXP-X. 72-73 I think id be content with. for now...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Arctic, can you elaborate on your post?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Arctic, can you elaborate on your post?
If you feed some trash into the pump, something has to give. If the wear ring has no give in it the damage will happen to the prop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
If you feed some trash into the pump, something has to give. If the wear ring has no give in it the damage will happen to the prop.
I see what your saying, how easy is it to damage the stock one though compared to actually damaging the prop? My thinking was that while a small stick or something like that may damage the stock ring, it probably wouldn't hurt the steel one or the prop right? I found this on Ebay and it just seems like too good a deal to pass up! However if you guys really think its that much better to stick with plastic even at this price ill follow the advice of the experts..

Heres the link.

SeaDoo RXP/RXP-X/RXT/GTX Wear Ring w/ Stainless Sleeve | eBay

·
Registered
811 Posts
I see what your saying, how easy is it to damage the stock one though compared to actually damaging the prop? My thinking was that while a small stick or something like that may damage the stock ring, it probably wouldn't hurt the steel one or the prop right? I found this on Ebay and it just seems like too good a deal to pass up! However if you guys really think its that much better to stick with plastic even at this price ill follow the advice of the experts..

Heres the link.

SeaDoo RXP/RXP-X/RXT/GTX Wear Ring w/ Stainless Sleeve | eBay
Most defineatly dude, stick with plastic as the sacrificial lamb not your impeller. My friend with the 81.5 mph RXP tried a stainless wear ring and switched back after he noticed damage to the impeller from it. tis just like putting a stainless steel prop on a boatmotor, the prop may take the abuse but the drive train won't and thus blown gears

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes I am seeing this on these ski's. Oh well looks like for this yr its just going to be a few bolts ons like the 4" intake, grate and exhaust. Next yr Ill either look into a X charger upgrade or just goto an RXP-X. 72-73 I think id be content with. for now...
You know you have to take off the OPAS system for the rear exhaust system and block it off. You are gonna need a cold air to go with the exhaust for noticable improvement.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
You know you have to take off the OPAS system for the rear exhaust system and block it off. You are gonna need a cold air to go with the exhaust for noticable improvement.
Yeah I plan to get around to that too. I just had my SC rebuilt and now I have to do the wear ring, and it was suggested by the guy who did my rebuild that I do the driveline rebuild kit and bellow when I do the wear ring. All this stuff is adding up quick for something I just bought last month. I planned to do the exhaust, 4" front intake, and riva grate this yr. Would I be better off just doing the grate when I do the wear ring and then do the exhaust, intake, and opas delete when I can do them at the same time then? Either way some will get done this month and some next month. This is not my only toy and nobody seems to want to give me the winning lottery numbers so I can only put so much into it at a time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Gotta remove the opas for any thru hull??? N yeah I plan on getting the Fizzle 4" intake. Only exhaust Ive seen is the riva rear SD exhaust kit. Can anyone point me and some sound clips or any other brands?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Gotta remove the opas for any thru hull??? N yeah I plan on getting the Fizzle 4" intake. Only exhaust Ive seen is the riva rear SD exhaust kit. Can anyone point me and some sound clips or any other brands?
Hmmm nobody has exhaust on there ski's on this site or knows of any other brands???

61 - 73 of 73 Posts